Our initiative to increase accessibility to publicly available drinking water in every country we operate
• Enabling reuse
• Reducing dependency on single-use
• Reducing land-based litter
• Reducing ocean bound litter
• Developing local solutions
Refill in the UK
And whilst there may be concerns to address as to quality and hygiene of public water fountains, there are undoubtedly also challenges to overcome with the further 28,000 managed locations where people are required to ask for a water refill.
“ Research commissioned by Refill in 2018 found that one in three adults in the UK (34%) felt uncomfortable asking for a reusable bottle to be filled at a restaurant or café when they hadn’t bought anything. One in five (19%) still felt uncomfortable asking even when they had made a purchase."
In support of our objectives, we will dedicate our time and resources to:
- Install publicly available water fountains
- Campaign for the widespread installation of publicly available water fountains
- Highlight the quality and cleanliness of publicly available water
- Reduce barriers to requesting free water in managed premises
SIGN UP NOW
Receive updates on the Honest Project, as well as exclusive Honest Bottle news and offers!